How was it like watching 100 movies in a theater? I got to say that it went by fast and I hardly knew that I was watching so many movies, despite the fact that I kept track. I do know that my volunteering in 2009 for TUTD is the main reason that I watch so many movies. Before I volunteered at TUTD, I watched about zero movies a month and then it progressed to about 2-3 movies a month.
Although I watched so many movies in the past couple of years, they aren't always movies I enjoyed. I watched so many movies most people would not go and watch, but I watched anyway to review the movie or just to watch the movie. There has been rare cases, in which, I had the movie theater to myself and/or with a friend. I been to different theaters in Vacaville, Sacramento, and Davis. However, I haven't been to all the theaters around those areas.
I remember the first movie I ever watched in theaters and that is "Without a Paddle" and I watched it with my brother and sister. I remembered it being a cheap movie and the movie was hilarious. The last movie that I watched is "Skyfall". Although I was keeping track of the movies I watched up to 100, I decided to go with the flow and not watch most movies to get a certain number.
I made it a lifetime goal to watch 100 movies in theaters. I have reached that goal. But, I'm not ready to stop watching movies. Instead, I aim to reach higher and continue to watch movies. I know that my volunteer work with TUTD will end in a few weeks, but my movie watching will persist.
Movies I've Watched in Theaters
-->
| Date | Name | Where? | Why? | |
| 1 | A Nightmare on Elm Street | G Street | TUTD | |
| 2 | African Cats | F st | TUTD | |
| 3 | Alice in Wonderland | SAC DT | ||
| 4 | 12/26/09 | Avatar | SAC DT | FUN |
| 5 | Black Swan | 2nd Street | ||
| 6 | Bride Wars | F st | ||
| 7 | 10/2/10 | Case 39 | ?? | TUTD |
| 8 | Crazyheart | Davis? | TUTD | |
| 9 | Due Date | F st | Hang out | |
| 10 | Eat. Pray. Love. | Tower???? | ||
| 11 | Exit through the gift shop | Tower | TUTD | |
| 12 | Fast 5 | G st | TUTD | |
| 13 | For the Colored Girls | TUTD | ||
| 14 | 2/7/09 | Gran Tarino | Davis 5 | |
| 15 | Gulliver's Travels | TUTD | ||
| 16 | Harry Brown | Crest | ||
| 17 | 2/14/09 | He's just not that into you | ? | Hang out |
| 18 | Hoodwinked Too! Hood v. Evil | F st | ||
| 19 | How to train a Dragon | SAC DT | ||
| 20 | 8/29/10 | Inception | G st | TUTD |
| 21 | 12/1310 | Inside Job | Tower | TUTD |
| 22 | 12/26/09 | It's Complicated | SAC DT | |
| 23 | Letters to Juliet | G st | TUTD | |
| 24 | 6/12/08 | Man of Honor? | ||
| 25 | No Strings Attached | TUTD | ||
| 26 | 10/25/10 | Paranormal Activity 2 | TUTD | |
| 27 | Post Grad | |||
| 28 | Precious | Arden Century | ||
| 29 | Shrek 3D. Shrek 4 Forever After | UA EK | TUTD | |
| 30 | Sex and the City 2 | SAC DT | TUTD | |
| 31 | She's out of my League | TUTD | ||
| 32 | Sorority Row | G st | ||
| 33 | Suckerpunch | |||
| 34 | The American | TUTD | ||
| 35 | Expendables | TUTD | ||
| 36 | The Fighter | TUTD | ||
| 37 | The Final Destination | SAC DT | TUTD | |
| 38 | The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard | TUTD | ||
| 39 | The Kids Are Alright. | 2nd Street | TUTD | |
| 40 | SAW VI | F st | ||
| 41 | The Rite | PG-13 | TUTD | |
| 42 | 8/20/09 | The Time Traveler's Wife | Century Laguna | FUN |
| 43 | The Young Victoria | DVD | TUTD | |
| 44 | Unstoppable | F st | FUN | |
| 45 | Valentine's Day | UA Arden | FUN | |
| 46 | The Lincoln Lawyer | Santa Monica Promenade | TUTD | |
| 47 | Whiteout | DT | TUTD | |
| 48 | Youth in Revolt | TUTD | ||
| 49 | The Art of Getting By | Century Laguna | TUTD | |
| 50 | Transformers 3D | Century Laguna | FUN | |
| 51 | 15-Apr | Scary Movie 4 | ||
| 52 | Horrible Bosses | Century Laguna | TUTD | |
| 53 | Without a Paddle | Sunrise | ||
| 54 | Watchmen | |||
| 55 | 1-Jul | Click | SAC DT | |
| 56 | Priest 3D | F st | ||
| 57 | The Simpsons | Century Arden Ethan | FUN | |
| 58 | Jumping the Broom | TUTD | ||
| 59 | 20-Jul-11 | Cowboys and Aliens | F st | TUTD |
| 60 | The Help | TUTD | ||
| 61 | Harold and Kumar Christmas | Arden Century | FUN | |
| 62 | 20-Dec | Young Adult | TUTD | |
| 63 | Nov-11 | Jack and Jill | ||
| 64 | Tower Heist | TUTD | ||
| 65 | My Week With Marilyn | Tower | TUTD | |
| 66 | Fright Night | TUTD | ||
| 67 | Contraband | Tower | TUTD | |
| 68 | The Grey | F st | TUTD | |
| 69 | Carnage | F st | TUTD | |
| 70 | The Devil Inside | F st | TUTD | |
| 71 | Oct-09 | Couples Retreat | ||
| 72 | 11/28/09 | The Boondocks II: All Saints Day | Folsom | TUTD |
| 73 | Wanderlust | TUTD | ||
| 74 | Mar-10 | Silent House | TUTD | |
| 75 | 30-Mar-12 | Hunger Games | Century Arden Ethan | FUN |
| 76 | 31-Mar-12 | Salmon Fishing in the Yemen | TUTD | |
| 77 | American Reunion | F st | TUTD | |
| 78 | 28-Apr | The Five Year Engagement | F st | TUTD |
| 79 | Jeff, who lives at Home | Regal, Arden | TUTD | |
| 80 | 4-May | Marvel's The Avengers | F st | FUN |
| 81 | 11-May | Dark Shadows | G st | FUN |
| 82 | 18-May | The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel | Tower | TUTD |
| 83 | 23-May | The Dictator | G st | Free Movie Ticket |
| 84 | 3-Jun-12 | Men in Black III | F st | FUN |
| 85 | 24-Jun-12 | Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter | Century Laguna | TUTD |
| 86 | The Intouchables | Tower | TUTD | |
| 87 | Snow White and the Huntsman | G st | Fun | |
| 88 | 28-Jun-12 | Seeking a Friend at the End of the World | Century Laguna | Fun |
| 89 | 30-Jun-12 | Magic Mike | UA Laguna | TUTD |
| 90 | 8-Jul-12 | Savages | UA Laguna | TUTD |
| 91 | 8/5/12 | Take This Waltz | Crest | TUTD |
| 92 | 8/12/12 | The Campaign | Century Arden Ethan | TUTD |
| 93 | 8/17/12 | Expendables 2 | UA Laguna | TUTD/FUN |
| 94 | Ruby Sparks | Tower | TUTD | |
| 95 | 9/2/12 | Farewell My Queen | Crest | TUTD |
| 96 | 9/8/12 | Lawless | Century Arden Ethan | TUTD |
| 97 | 10/1/12 | Looper | Century Laguna | TUTD |
| 98 | 10/14/12 | Seven Psychopaths | Century Laguna | TUTD |
| 99 | 11/2/12 | Wreck it Ralph | Century Laguna | TUTD/FUN |
| 100 | 10-Nov-12 | Skyfall | Century Laguna | FUN |
Just finally looked up TUTD and it's pretty awesome. How did you hear about it?
ReplyDeleteI was researching volunteer opportunities at the time and applied to several and TUTD was one of the few that got back to me. I started volunteering and loved it!
Delete