Saturday, December 31, 2016

Overview of 2016

Vancouver at night

The beginning of this year started out good. I had fun at karaoke and going to the snow with friends. I was able to visit one of my favorite places in California after doing some money saving. I was able to visit my relatives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I was also able to visit San Francisco a few times early on this year. I discovered a place in Sacramento that reminded me of Hearst Castle.

Escape room in Vancouver

The roughest part of the year was the middle of this year. My car got towed twice. My car got keyed badly, which I would have to say is one of the worst things that has ever happened to me. Not to mention, someone felt obliged to put a gum on the keyed part of my car later on that week to show his/her respect to me. That wasn't all as I ran into some more car issues afterwards. After all that, I found myself alone, locked in a parking garage after operating hours wondering how I was going to get out.  I didn't have to wait to long until I was able to get out, but it didn't worry me because it wasn't the worst issue I had this year.  While I was driving back home after the unfortunate garage event, I started laughing at what had happened. Due to the occurrence of those events, I believe that I didn't deserve much and found myself working more to cover costs and because of my schedule. I found myself being more selfish about how I spent my time. I didn't want to drive anywhere far or do a lot of things. I had to delay all the things I love to do because I couldn't afford it,  had the time for it, or simply didn't want to do it. I often had to chose work over everything else.

Sacramento bridge

During those rough times, I found friends, strengthened connections, and great memories. I'm still able to see my childhood friends just about every month. I found myself connecting more with museum volunteers and staff. I noticed that I've not been forgotten. I've noticed that people wanted to include me even though I can't make it to everything. I found that me and my dog have gotten closer. I love that although me and my dog don't talk to each other we still like being around each other. Also, I found myself still making time to do things I enjoy. I went to Apple Hill for the first time and had the best apple cider and best apple donuts. I celebrated my birthday with my family and it was just an amazing time. I went on a horse carriage ride, ice skating, had boiling crab, and then cake. I was still able to volunteer over 60 hours of service this year and was able to see George Takei and Harrison Ford in person. Not to forget, but Maria Shriver and Jerry Brown both said hi to me :). I found precious moments like my time at Avila Lighthouse.

Apple hill products

There's so much I always wanted to learn and do and I think I'm going to focus on learning. I want to learn how to apply more makeup on myself. A random thing I really want to learn is how to tie different kinds of pretty bows and do different hairstyles. Among one of the things I always wanted to learn was Adobe Photoshop and Indesign. Through my courses, I was finally able to learn both, but not at a expert level as it's something I have to continually work on. I'm so glad I was able to learn them because both of them are extremely useful and I'm planning to learn more of it. After working on several projects, I thought to myself I needed to take more pictures even if I don't still own a DSLR yet. That's something I want to do more of because I've already thought out of some fun projects.

Avila Lighthouse

Places I've been this year:
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Leland Stanford Mansion
Apple Hill
San Francisco, CA
Cameron Park
San Luis Obispo, CA
Morro Bay, CA
Avila Beach, CA
San Jose, CA
San Simeon, CA
Auburn, CA

Movies Watched:
Suicide Squad
Deadpool
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Zootopia
Moana
Kung Fu Panda 3
Words that are emphasized:
Subtle
Wolf/dogs
Bad habits die hard

I think one of the things I've learned this year is that no matter how many times I've tried, worked hard, or improve it doesn't guarantee anything. I've learned that I can't escape from situations and sometimes I just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Things will get tough and hard, but it's something I'll have to deal with.

I'm not going to ask much of other people because that's a burden I don't want to put on anyone. Instead, next year I'm going to focus more on myself and self improvement because that's something I can control and make better. Everything else, I'm going to say no expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment