Thursday, June 2, 2016

Trip to San Luis Obispo Part 2

On the second day of our San Luis Obispo (SLO), we had to leave the hotel by 7am in order to make it to the 9am tour at Hearst Castle. The ride to Hearst Castle was pretty nice as there wasn't much windy roads and there was beach views, but me and my friend both didn't talk to each other the whole ride because we were kind of mad at each other. I almost wanted to stop and take a few minute break at the beach a few times, but didn't want to risk being late. We ended up arriving at Hearst Castle before 8am. I really believed that it was going to take longer. Maybe it was because I GPS the directions during a more busier time.


When we were finally let in the building, I went to get our tickets and I was the first person to do it that day. We decided to watch the movie before taking the bus to the castle. I really thought that the movie was going to be dry, but still wanted to see it because I didn't see it last time. I thought it was actually pretty good. It told me some interesting details of Mr. Hearst and his dream. My friend also found the information to be pretty interesting.


For this tour, we visited the Grand Rooms. It was definitely glamorous.


We walked around a bit after our tour, but not for too long since we were both hungry. We went to Brickhouse BBQ for lunch. My friend didn't like it too much, but we finished our meals. Just wished the tri-tip had more flavor.


After lunch, we headed back to our hotels and watched some shows and played a game. We walked around the area and looked at some shops and grabbed milk. We also enjoyed the cookies that were offered at our hotel. For dinner, we decided to grab sushi, so we headed to downtown SLO.

When I parked, my friend noticed a game shop called Captain Nemo Games & Comics, so we checked it out. I thought that the place was very huge with a impressive locations. I was able to find a House of Cards Cards Against Humanity deck there, which I did not see online, so I had to get it. That also reminds me that Cards Against Humanity recently released a new pack relating to dump Trump, which sold out before I even had a chance to buy one!

We were fortunate that there was a night market going on during that time, so there were several amounts of food booths and entertainment going on. We also visited some shops. I tried some samplers of tri tip from Old San Luis BBQ and it was pretty good. I'm definitely heading there next time. Before we left, we noticed a huge crowd watching a performance. It was a performer who was juggling with fire and throwing knives. He was doing some pretty risky stuff, which was kind of frightening to watch.

We ended our last night there by listening and watching the waves from the sundeck. It was really nice. Oh, and I also noticed a few nicely made spiderwebs in the hotel area, which I don't see too often.

I wasn't so happy on the way back because I realized I was going to be far away from a vacation anytime soon. But, I know I will come back to SLO one day and go to more places I enjoy in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment