Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Visit to Vancouver

I haven't been in Vancouver since 2011 and I went back there this month for a few days. Every time I go there, I always visit family. I didn't know more of the reasons why we wen until we arrived, but it's all good since my I was glad I was able to go in the first place.


This time around we all flied all the way to Vancouver. That was easier. However, when we arrived in Vancouver, my mom noticed that her package had blown up. She then told us that one of the things she put in their was in the freezer. I just thought the whole situation was just hilarious.

When we finally reached my uncle's house, the first thing we did was walk to a Chinese restaurant down the street to eat. It was open at 12am apparently. I also noticed a 24 hour pho place was that less than 5 minute walk away. I love how the streets in Canada are designed.


The next day, we had dim sum. It was one of those restaurants that let you select what you want first and they will get it for you. We don't have that in Sacramento, but San Francisco has something like that. I thought the bill was pretty pricy. But, then again, my aunt overestimated the quantity of food we needed to eat.


After eating dim sum, we were able to walk around for some shopping. We ended up going to Crystal Mall, which was a plaza with a Asian Market, restaurants, and products that looked like what people in China wore. That plaza reminded me of China.


One of the interesting things I notice while at Crystal Mall was this cake.


At night, I met with my cousin Patrick and he and another relative took me and my sisters out for sightseeing of Vancouver and we also got to go the huge mall. But, we had to walk all the way back to the house, which was a 30 minute walk and a unpleasant short bus ride that was unnecessary.


The next day, I went to Tim Hurton's really early in the morning. It was one of the places I wanted to check out ever since I heard about it in "How I met your Mother". I liked it because you can get fast food, donuts, and bakery products all in the same spot and apparently it's everywhere. I wanted to order the chicken sandwich, but it wasn't ready yet, so I got a croissant. I was kinda disappointed they didn't have chocolate croissants. When I got back, I noticed that some people were already awake. Soon later, I noticed something was wrong and my grand aunt had to go the hospital for medical attention. That was when I realized she was one of the reasons why we came.


Since something happened with grand aunt, I didn't expect us to do anything else for the rest of the day, but we actually ended up doing some stuff. We were able to check out Richmond and try the ramen there. Afterwards, I tried an escape room for the first time, which was a very fun experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.


We went to the snow and I was surprised that it was Emily's first time.


 Even though it wasn't the perfect trip, I still had a good time and it was good to see my relatives whom I don't see too often. I really do look forward to my next trip to Vancouver or for their next trip to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment