Saturday, December 5, 2015

Birthday 2015

I recently turned a year older and I still find it hard to believe. I don't want to believe it. I wished I had a more fulfilling and successful life, but sometimes that's not how life plays out. But, I can say that celebrating my birthday this year exceeded my expectations. I was able to hang out with my friends and family and go to places I like.


I first celebrated my birthday with my long time elementary school friends, Chen and Shan. I always enjoy catching up with the girls and eating with them, so it was fun.


The next day was my actual birthday and I celebrated it with my family. We began the day with dim sum at King Palace. Next, we went home and had cake and took some pictures. Even though it was November, I didn't feel all that cold that day and wore a dress.


After eating cake, we played some board games (Scattergories, Sequence, Guillotine). After playing some games and relaxing for a bit, we headed out to Paesanos to eat dinner. Afterwards, we watched The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials. I found myself really liking that movie, so that was a good thing.


The next day, I celebrated my birthday with more of my friends from high school and work. It was nice seeing people I don't see too often and watching them eat dim sum. However, I didn't like that we all didn't get to sit in the same table. Next time around, I will make sure everyone is in the same table and that I can see everyone, which means smaller gatherings.


I took a picture of all my friends that I invited to dim sum. I informed my guests they could dress up or not, but I'm still going to take pictures with them.









Even though a good amount of my friend were able to make it I still hope some others could have attended as well because I don't see them too often. But, it was very fun.

We finished eating dim sum around 1 or 2 and afterwards a few of my friends wanted to do something afterwards. We decided to change and then meet up to go to Downtown. Our first stop was Coinop, which was pretty cool since I always like playing the games there. Secondly, we walked over to the Ice skating rink to go ice skating. My friend, Ricardo didn't want to go ice skating, which surprised us since he didn't mention he didn't want to earlier when were discussing it. Nonetheless, he still ended up purchasing tickets to go ice skating. I'm glad he had the experience although he didn't originally intend on doing it. 


While heading back home after ice skating, Eric mentioned that he was going to eat pho, which made me crave it. And, it led to me and Kristine wanting to eat some pho. So, in the end we all ended up going to Pho Saigon to eat some pho. But, the funny thing is none of us ordered pho at the restaurant.

At the restaurant, I was able to catch up with the group and Snowbee was mentioned in one of our conversations. Both Ricardo and Eric never tried it, so me and Kristine tried to explain it because we love honey toast. Somehow, we all ended up going to Snobee afterwards. Eric ordered a drink and had the honey toast, but didn't like dessert. I wished I would have known that, but he didn't object to it when we described it. But, Ricardo loved it, which was good.

While I was waiting for the food at Snowbee, I crashed. I didn't expect to, but my body realized how tired I was when I leaned back on the comfy chairs, so I took a few minutes rest while my friends played Connect 4 and caught up with one another. I was also surprised when Eric thanked us for making him sleepy and for the fun we had that night.

Snowbee was the last stop that night before heading home. But, wait, I actually had to go to work right after Snowbee, but I would say I would still have done the whole day over again because it was fun.



I'm glad that I took pictures with everyone who attended my birthday celebration. It's always important to remember good moments like these. It's definitely one of the highlights of this year.

1 comment: