Saturday, November 7, 2015

Middle School

Whenever I think of middle school, I think about how much I hated it. There was so much I hated about it and myself. I think it's because it's one of the loneliest moments of my time. It was back in a time when I felt very lost and unguided. It was a time when everyone was going through puberty and trying to understand their identity. It was a time when many people were not nice to me and I had to face them everyday.

But, then, today, I look back at my old middle school memory journal that I made and realized that there were some good moments. I was at a point where I apprehended my weaknesses and strengths. And, somehow I remained strong and managed to smile a lot during those days.


I totally forgot that I wrote a promotion speech for 8th grade in 2004. That's over 10 years ago! I never actually presented it, but I'm glad I wrote it. After reading it, I learned I didn't change so much and there are some stuff I forgotten.  I did get kinda teary when I read it.


I also wrote a "about me" for the memory book. The only thing that really changed is I definitely love Japanese food and I do like vegetables, except for yellow and red onions and eggplants. I don't know why I hated it back then.

I did make some friends that I still keep in contact with today. It helped me learn to be more independent. It helped me learn that it's ok to be by myself. It also made me yearn for alone time when I'm around people too much.

But, I still remember I hated workshop class and when I cut off some of my skin. I hated that some people didn't make an effort in getting to know me because I wasn't a bad person. Then again, I still admire those people who told me to never change and wanted me to be more open to others.

I did not imagine I would like this art class in middle school, but I think I ended up liking it because I was the only one who got an A and I was the only one to complete a rug.

So, I guess looking back at middle school now makes me think that all the things I hate are just things of the past. After all, me hating Japanese food is definitely a thing of the past. Even if some things did follow with me today, it made me stronger and a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment