Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sugar Skull Workshop at the California Museum

Last week, I helped Sugar skull artist Rob-O with the Sugar skull workshops. The event was so much fun. It was nice seeing all the different designs of attendees.

Artist Rob-O's Sugar skull
During the workshops, Rob-O demonstrated some popular Day of the Dead motifs and some other cool things you can do for the skulls. One of the things I learned was that the upside down heart is what is used for a nose.

Rob-O's work was amazing. He did that beautiful sugar skull so quickly and its a masterpiece. I also admire his other work that is displayed in the Day of the Dead exhibit at the museum.


Since I was volunteering, Rob-O said that I can also make my own sugar skull since I was doing a service for him. I thought that was very nice of him. I wasn't quite sure what to do with my first mask, so I decided to go with the flow and slowly thought of what I wanted. I didn't end up finishing it as the session ended and had to prepare for the next workshop.


I had the opportunity to make a second sugar skull because I helped out Rob-O on the second day of the sugar skull workshop. This time around, my goal was to make my sugar skull was decorated as possible and to add more gems on it. I think I achieved that. I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to participate in this fun craft. It's always nice to bring out my crafty side.

No comments:

Post a Comment