Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Thoughts on Rap Music

I know so many people who do not like rap music. They say it's all about sex, money, and drugs. So, I'm guessing people can't relate to it. I'm guessing people don't like what rap music is about.

I, however, have never hated rap music. Sure, I hated certain songs, but I never hated rap music as a whole. Then, again, I'm one of the few people I know that will listen to a wide range of music. The only music I can say I hate for sure is the music that my parents put on. And, that's not real music, it's just elderly folks screaming out there struggles with no beats at all. 

I feel that even though lots of rap music might be about sex, money, and drugs that doesn't mean that the song wasn't powerful. I feel that lots of rappers mention sex, money, and drugs because its what they are surrounded by and it's part of life. There may be some things people don't want to hear, but that's part of life.

Songs or raps are like storytelling. I feel that when people write stories they put a lot of themselves in it whether they like it or not. They put their style in it. They rap about experiences or struggles that they relate to even if its not directly about them.

I like how rap isn't always sweet, cute, and innocent. I like that rap can be explicit. I like how rap music can be intense and serious.

I feel that I relate to rap music because they talk about their struggles, their past experiences, and how some things don't work out in their favor. Rap allows people to express themselves in a way that is pretty powerful and in a way they feel most comfortable. An example of a rap song that I relate to is Airplanes, Part II by BoB featuring Hayley Williams and Eminem.

Some of my favorite artists are rappers. I really like music from Eminem, 50 Cent, Jay Z, and Dr. Dre, and more. I grew up listening to rap music from the radio and I haven't stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment