Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Thoughts on Game Apps

When I first started playing game apps on my Ipad, I never imagined myself getting addicted to any game. I figured that I would only be playing a game every once in a while when I felt really bored. However, I found myself getting addicted to an Ipad game and even now I don't want to completely ditch particular game apps because I worked so hard on making it so far.

I know I said I stopped my addiction with Clash of Clans, but I went back on it a few months afterwards. But, I decided to stick with a few rules to keep me away from addiction. One of the rules was that I cannot stay in a clan for more than one night. I would have to leave by the end of the day. I think that rule is really important because if I stayed longer I would have to contribute more. And, I would hate it if I'm not doing my best to contribute to the clan. Another rule is that I try not to battle everyday, but only when I'm really close to getting enough resources for the next update. Those rules have really kept me out of being addicted. I don't think I will ever go back to playing it like before. Even when I go back to the game every once in a while to join clans, I feel very exhausted.

The Simpsons Tapped Out is the other game that I still play and never really stopped. But, I never got addicted to the game because the game isn't as demanding as Clash of Clans. For Simpson Tapped Out, you collect your resources and give your characters job and then repeat. You don't join a group and chat with others online, so it was easier to not be as committed. I would say that the game wasn't an addiction to me, but I would say it was a daily routine because everyday I would make sure to collect resources and give character jobs. I would say that's what happened for Clash of Clans when it stopped being an addiction.

But, why do I chose to just go back to Clash of Clans and Simpsons Tapped Out just to collect resources and keep stuff upgraded or to get new stuff? Why does it matter to me to have the new things? For me, I think it's because I put in so much of my time in the games. I played those games for a few years now and it's hard to let go now. I guess it also had to do with my personal life. I feel that although the games can't replace what I can't have, it can be something I do have. Moreover, possessing unique characters or items in the games kept me happy because I had them. I felt that I accomplished something and have something many others don't have. I liked that I was the highest level on the Simpsons Tapped Out. I liked having nice walls and being a high level on Clash of Clans. Those things provided me satisfaction because at least it was recognized as an achievement and other people in the game was amazed. It meant that I had at least had something in my life that was doing well and can be proud of. That's why I couldn't let go and still can't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment