Sunday, October 11, 2015

California Bucket List

Even though I live in California, there's still many places I haven't been to yet. There's still plenty of things I want to do.

I think it's a good idea to create a list, so I can remember everything I want to do and it might even help others with travel ideas in California. I'm also going to list stuff I've already done, but can't wait to do again. I'm well aware that the list won't be completed within a few years or at all.

Places I have yet to go...

  • Klamath’s National Forest, Yreka, CA
  • Pluto’s Cave trail, Mount Shasta, CA
  • Redwoods National Forest, Eureka, CA
  • Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, CA
  • Universal Studios, Universal City, CA
  • Santa Catalina Island, CA
  • California Adventures, Anaheim, CA
  • Stanford University, Stanford, CA
  • Charles M. Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa, CA
  • Monterey Bay Aquarium & beaches, Monterey, CA 
  • Yosemite, CA
  • Coronado Island, Coronado, CA
  • Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve, Lancaster, CA
  • Legoland, Carlsbad, CA
  • Sequoia National Forest, Visalia, CA
  • The French Laundry restaurant, Yountville, CA
  • Natural Bridges, Calaveras, CA 
  • Joshua Tree National Park, Riverside County, CA  
  • Daffodil Hill & Black Chasm Cavern, Volcano, CA 
  • Apple Hill, Placerville, CA 
  • Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, CA
  • San Francisco, CA 
  1. Twin Peaks
  2. Stow Lake 
  3. Walt Disney Family Museum
  4. Mosaic Stairs
  5. Painted Stairs
  6. Legion of Honor
  • Los Angeles, CA
  1. Venice Canals 
  2. LACMA
  3. University of South California (USC)
  4. Asian History Museum 
  5. Japantown
 Places I want to return to...
  • Morro Bay, CA
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
  • Carmel, CA
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
  • Hearst Castle, San Simeon, CA
I want to say that just because a place isn't listed here, doesn't mean I don't ever want to go there or that it wasn't special to me. When I created the lists, I imagine myself pursuing these places and things to do mostly within the next 5 years. After all, I did title this post "California Bucket List". It's not a rank of special places since I never been to all the places. Not all of my favorite places are listed on this post. I chose to keep those places in my mind longer and revisit them at a much later time. I will also discuss some of my favorite places in a later post.
I want to...
  • go horseback riding on the beach
  • wagon or Horse riding in the snow
  • be in a place that's covered with snow and while it's still snowing
  • go dog sledding
  • visit more beaches in California
  • eat ice cream & BBQ on the beach
  • have more potlucks or food gatherings with friends 
  • go on a nice boat ride
  • try more different foods and popular dishes from places all over California
  • go on scavenger hunts
  • go whale and elephant seal watching
  • beach bonfire
  • camp bonfire
There's some things I already did on the list of "I want to...". The reason why I listed some things I already did is because that's one of the things I really love doing. It's too bad I don't get to do most of these activities often. Some of the stuff listed might be expensive and/or far. But, it's always good to remind yourself of your goals and to do things that keep you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment