Monday, September 7, 2015

Lands End Trail & Brief Trip around San Francisco

I made a trip to San Francisco a few weeks ago because I wanted to go somewhere before things got to busy for me.
I just started school for the semester and didn't have any tests or major homework assignments yet.

I been to San Francisco before, but there's still so much more I wanted to do and don't know about yet. My friend who came also hasn't explored much of San Francisco yet.

For the day, me and my friend went to eat dim sum at Good luck Dim Sum. It was a cheap restaurant that you can go and check off which dim sum you want and all of the food is already cooked. I heard the pork buns there was good and I had my friend tried it and he loved it. I also tried a bun with meat in it and I don't think I had it anywhere else. Our total was about $11.00 and we had about 4 different items. Great deal. I definitely would go back and wish there was a place like that in Sacramento.


After eating, we headed to Purple Kow. It was about a 15 minute drive. I never liked driving in San Francisco because of all the hills and places that I have to stop. When we arrived I parked in the usual spot that I go to when I'm around the area. About 15 minutes in, I realized I wasn't supposed to park there because they did street cleaning on those days and around that time. Luckily, I moved my car and didn't get a ticket.

I had my friend order one of the boba drinks. He really liked it. He usually doesn't like boba drinks because he think most of the places are bitter, but he liked Purplekow and he said he would go back.

After Purplekow, we headed to Japantown. My friend looked at knives, but decided not to get it.  I really wanted my friend to get something from there, but he didn't seem interested in getting anything. We did have the karrage chicken, which he thought was delicious. When we were about to leave, we walked around one of the shops at Japantown and my friend finally found something he liked. He found the small music boxes that plays classical music from artists like Beethoven. I thought that was a great item and got one myself too.


I havent been to Land's End before, but decided to go after Japantown. I was surprised that you can see the beach right from the parking lot. But, getting to the beach from the parking lot was a bit harder than it looked since you had to go down the stairs and walk on the decayed remains of Sutro baths.

We decided to head to Eagle's point first, which was one of the farthest destinations from Sutro baths. It wasn't too far in distance though. While trying to find Eagle's Point, we had some good views of the Golden Gate Bridge. I prefer views of the bridge from afar because I think it looks better farther away. I seen the bridge up close and drove on it and it's not as appealing to me up close.


I was happy that it was sunny enough for us to get a good view of the Golden Gate bridge. I noticed that it was started to get foggy and that clouds were blowing towards us. We ended up at the end of the trail, but there was not Eagle's Point. We somehow passed i, so we turned back. Luckily, it wasn't a long way back. We realized that we were suppose to take the stairs down to Eagle Point, rather than up the stairs on the right.

I realized we made it to Eagle's Point when we had a good view of the beach. When we got there, we noticed that there was a small statute near the end of the mountain. I also noticed the circle of rocks where a lot of people I knew had there pictures taken.

It was very foggy and windy. The fog that I saw earlier had finally reached where we were. Nonetheless, it was still a good view.

I hope to visit Land's End again. Hopefully, it won't be foggy and windy next time around. Also, I hope to do more things I haven't done there. Until next time, SF!

No comments:

Post a Comment