Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trip to San Luis Obispo

After my stay at Morro Bay, I headed to San Luis Obispo (SLO) the next day. The whole reason I made the trip to Central Coast was to go to San Luis Obispo. I been wanting to go to SLO because I went during for a field trip in high school. For the field trip, I participated in a Poultry Judging contest at the SLO high school and we went to Pismo Beach the night before. All of that was fun. I didn't forget about SLO and wanted to go back ever since and that's what I did.

The first thing we did was head to Bishop Peak. The drive up to Bishop Peak was kind of scary since I was driving up.


We didn't know where the trail was at first. But, we eventually found it after asking some people.


The trail itself was kind of difficult, especially since I did not work out as often.


We actually didn't finish the trail, so we didn't make it all the way up. But, we still got a great view. Everyone else that I saw on the hike was pretty quick. I felt slow and so out of shape.

After hiking, we went to eat at Firestone Grill. Firestone Grill was pretty busy, but I got my order pretty quickly. I ordered their tri-tip sandwich. I couldn't finish since it was so much meat. Afterwards, we walked around Downtown. Emily and Vincent checked out their Abercrombie & Fitch, then we went to get something to cool us down.

Next, I took us to the Botanical Garden. It was a small garden, but it was rather nice and thought it was pretty relaxing. I love how gardens are near packed and that its just a great place to rest with good views.

I headed to Cal Poly SLO afterwards. But, I decided not to take the tour around campus that time. I realized that we wouldn't have time to do other stuff. I will definitely check out the school next time I'm at SLO. After leaving Cal Poly, I went to check in to the hotel, which was pretty nice. Emily and Vincent went swimming for a bit, which was fun for them. Also, the hotel provided cookies for some guests, which was delicious :).


My last stop in Downtown was Bubblegum Alley. It looked pretty old and moldy. There was lots of gum on the walls. I wondered to myself how some people managed to put gum so high.


We had to be at Pismo Beach by 7ish to watch the sunset. Luckily, we made it on time. We ended up watching the sunset from the pier and it looked so nice.


I was able to collect some shells before leaving like I did last time I was there.


After the beach, we checked out some shops. I really wanted to get a shirt like I did last time. This time around, I ended up buying 3 apparel.

When we finished shopping, we wanted to go eat. I wanted to go to Splash Cafe, but the line was way too long. Instead, we decided to go to Splash Cafe the next day before leaving. That night, ate at Pizmo Pizza. The pizza was good, but the service was slow and not that attentive.


The next day, we woke up early to be at the beach. It was a different view since I hadn't remember seeing the beach so blue and with a moon.


I ordered the clam chowder at Splash Cafe because after reading reviews I learned that the clam chowder was famous there. I really like their clam chowder. It was delicious.

The trip back home was better than the drive to Hearst Castle. I think it was probably because I had more sleep and ate a good meal. Not to mention I knew more of what to expect for the drive.

The trip to Central Coast was fun. I got to do almost everything I planned out. I love the food, beaches, parks, and scenery. I will miss it and I hope to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment