Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 2 Challenge: Describe 3 major events in your life and the importance.

Everyone has key events in their lives that has either changed how they lived, thought, or the people around them. Those events may not be happy moments or the most dramatic, but nonetheless those decisions or key moments occurred.

I believe that I have already wrote about one of the major events in my life. When I was younger, there was a shooting in my apartment complex area. No one was hurt, but due to that event it led my mom to want to move into a new area away from a place that I was used to and away from friends. I always think back to that time in my life and wonder how things would be if we never moved away.

When I was young, I was yelled at a lot. Sometimes, for reasonable reasons and sometimes for the silly mistakes or reasons. I was also physically abused along with the yelling. There was one time I remember when my told me something along the lines of "you are Chinese and you should start acting like it". I thought very hard about what she said. I definitely do not want to be like her when I grow older and was willing to do whatever possible to not be like her. Additionally, I decided to stop Chinese until she finally decided to stop abusing me. That decision I made stuck with me. Since I decided to stop speaking Chinese at a young age, I don't know it very well, but I know it well enough to understand and reply back, but not fluently. However, now, I don't feel confident or happy speaking in Chinese because I still associate it with my mother. I still have a hard time moving away from that.

When I was in 6th grade, a few of my classmates made fun of me and I think hurt me physically a little bit. I was young at the time, so I wasn't really sure what the best way was to respond to people who only wanted to bully me. My response was to ignore them and not talk to them anymore, which led me to be a very quiet person.

After writing those 3 major events in my life, I realized that all those moments have similarities. The situations were scary and definitely not happy moments. Those events all made someone made a major decision in life, which was life altering. I ended up thinking about those moments occasionally and always wondered what would happen if those negative moments never happen. Would I be happier?

No comments:

Post a Comment