Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 17 Challenge: What inspires you? Don't forget to add quotes or certain moments that trigger why they inspire you.

 "Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." Chapter 1, pg. 1, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I really like this quote. So many people I know have always had disadvantages. And now, I see that I have some advantages over others, but that doesn't mean I use it against anyone. This quote is for the little person, who has so much to reach in life and also for the big person who has too much. When I think of this quote, I think of me as drifting away from the little person, but aiming to be that bigger person who will always remember the little person.

"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."- Booker T-Washington

This quote really inspires me. I feel like I been through a lot of disadvantages in my life, but that doesn't mean I didn't do what it took to make it through. I feel that the quote especially resonates with me right now although I haven't overcome the obstacle yet. Rather, I'm still trying to overcome the obstacle to succeed.

I feel that a lot of people underestimate fear. Sure, it's something to run away from, but it's also something that can encourage or motivate people. Fear has led me to do a lot of stuff in life because I've chosen to conquer it.


No comments:

Post a Comment