Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 12 Challenge: What are some lessons you have learned in life?

There's so many things I want to write for this post. But, as I started writing some of them, I realized that I don't remember a lot of them right off the bat.

One major lesson I learned is that even though you spent the majority of the place with someone and had the same experiences doesn't mean they have the same thoughts about it. Some people might have fun at some places, while others don't. But, most of the people assume or don't ask people what they thought about an experience. I love the beach and would love to go any day and any time. But, there's lots of my friends who only want to go for the view and never want to touch the water or spend the whole day there. I also like ice skating and could do it for hours, but most of my friends probably wouldn't want to do it for more than 10 minutes.

I used to believe it when people told me that they hated something, but it turns out they were afraid, reserved, and afraid of getting out of their boundaries. I used to believe that when people told me that something was impossible, but turns out they didn't know how the system worked or how to get it done. I guess my lesson here is that I'm learning more about what people tell me and what it tells me about the person. For example, whenever someone tells me that they hate something I'm more curious because learning why might let me know their fears, ambitions, and etc.

A lot of people can't do lots of things with the company of others. And, then there's people who can travel solo around the world. It wasn't until recently that I learned not everyone is the same. Before, I envisioned that everyone wanted to travel around the world even if it meant that they were doing it solo. But, I learned that there are many people who don't want to travel solo. What came to me as a shock the most is that there's lot of people who don't dream of traveling or don't plan to go anywhere outside of California or their city. And, I'm quite the opposite of that thought. I always wanted to travel and have wonderful adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment