Sunday, September 21, 2014

John Santos Sextist in River Walk Park

Yesterday, I went with Chen and Michelle A. to River Walk Park since they said that there would be a Jazz festival there. I believe it was my first time at River Walk Park although I been around the area. I thought it was an amazing venue.


When we got there I found out that there was only going to be one band playing and that was John Santos Sextist. I expected more bands, but it was still cool that it only focused on one group.


I thought that a lot of people were well prepared when I came and saw a lot of people sitting on lawn chairs. I had my own in my car, but I didn't think I would need to bring it.


There wasn't many food trucks there. But, me and my friends decided on the Gyro 2 go truck. It's pretty much similar to the Halah food truck in Davis.


All of the people who were performing on stage are public school teachers, which I found pretty cool. I wasn't too close to them, but I could tell that they all enjoyed playing music. I don't know too many name of songs, but the band did play a lot of popular ones. In addition, there were some people in the band who did their own composition and they performed it.


I liked that the pyramid lit up at night. It's one of the most recognizable buildings in Sacramento.


I thought that it was a really relaxing night and the music was good. I really enjoyed it. The band made me really appreciate jazz and encourages me to open up my interests. It also made me think that I should come out to more local events in Sacramento area.

No comments:

Post a Comment