Saturday, August 30, 2014

Baldwin Beach day with friends

Today, I went to Baldwin Beach to celebrate Chen's birthday. We were going to stay in a hotel or camp, but it was so last minute and every place was booked. We weren't really sure of much of the details until the night and even the morning of going.


We met up at 9:00am and headed out around 9:20ish. We ended up getting to the beach around 11am. I was really worried about whether or not we would find a parking spot. My worries were gone once both of our cars were in and saw that there was still plenty of parking spaces available when we arrived.

My friend followed me on the way to Baldwin Beach, in South Lake Tahoe. I drive kind of fast, so I was worried whether my friend would be able to keep up. But, my friend followed me ok.



When we first got there, we took some pictures. Afterwards, Eric and Shan helped BBQ'ed turkey burgers and hot links. Chen brought turkey burgers, which I didn't actually try. I'm more of a beef patty gal. I didn't realized how hungry I was until the food was being cooked and saw everyone eating. We ended up BBQ twice today and at the end we had smores. I always think that smores is a great way to end a BBQ gathering :).


There's this pole that's right in the middle of the lake. I considered that a point, in which you have to learn how to swim or you would drown. Today, I learned that some people can actually climb that pole and stand on the top and then jump off. I was kind of shocked. Eric tried to climp up it, but said it wasnt as stable. But, its the effort that matters right?

 I didn't get to go swimming today, but I got to put my feet in the water and that felt so good.


Before we left, we took more pictures on the beach. We did a few jumping photos and Chen wanted to do moving panaromic photos, but we weren't to sure of how to do them. We didn't get too take as many as we would have liked though because Chen's camera died quickly. I got to admit though, I had a great time taking photo with friends.



Overall, I had a great time. Next time, I'm definitely going kayaking and doing more swimming. Also, I will keep in mind to always apply sunscreen throughout the day. Maybe next time, I can even go to a different beach and see new scenery. I can't wait until the next time I'm at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment