Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Not hiking to Alamere Falls, but on Limantour Beach

 Last Saturday, me, Janet, Chen, and Ricardo went to go hiking at Alamere Falls.


The drive there was around 2 hours or so. We drove past the Arch Rock trail area.


When we got there, it was pretty windy and still gloomy.


I read a review on Yelp that the location is right on point to the Alamere Falls trails, so I navigated to that address. No one looked up the directions to actually hike the place, so we just followed a trail that we saw when we got off the parking lot. That trail led to Limantour Beach.


We decided to walk down the beach and hoped it as just a few miles walk away.



Janet spotted jellyfish at the beach, which I thought was really cool. 


Since it was still gloomy and the sun wasn't out, the beach looked dark and kind of dirty. But as soon as the sun came out, the beach looked all blue again.



There was a point in which I went ahead and my friends decided to stay at a spot. I wanted to see if we could reach the Alamere waterfalls since we had been walking for quite a while. When I reached the spot, I wanted to check, it wasn't there. I asked some people about Alamere Falls and they told me it would take 2 hours to get there from the beach and that the hiking trail was faster. That was when I decided to head back.




 My friends discovered an awesome boulder while I went ahead of them.


When me and my friends were resting, I was digging in the sand for no reason and out came a larvae. My friend put the larvae back in the sand and a few minutes later I found the larvae again.


We headed back to the parking lot, but this time we headed up a trail since it would be faster.





When we reached this sign, I wanted to follow it and not assume that the parking lot was down the trail. I wanted to make sure we didn't waste time, but my friends wanted to go to the trail and continued walking. We asked 2 people who we just saw and they said they saw the parking lot 30 minutes ago. After walking for 10 minutes, I still had my doubts and saw 2 people again and I asked them if the trail was heading to the Limantour parking lot and they said the trail was going inland and they were heading to the parking lot too.


I think walking along the dry sand is very hard, especially if the same is on an unstable surface. So, it was very exhausting. The sand sinked in every time I walked on it. Even the sand on the beach sinked in, but it felt nicer to walk next to the water on wet sand. I didn't like the sand here too much. I did like that it didn't stick to me too much though.

I'm kind of bummed we didn't get to see Alamere Falls, but maybe another time!

1 comment:

  1. The falls are worth it when you find it! We went on a really bizarre trail when we went. Wasn't a maintained trail.

    ReplyDelete