Sunday, June 29, 2014

San Francisco with High School Friends

Last Saturday I went on a trip to San Francisco with a few high school friends. I dont see them often, so it was nice to get together and go somewhere that's a bit farther.

This drive to San Francisco was different for me. This time, I went through the Golden Gate Bridge. It wasn't really gold. It looked rusty and it didn't seem as long as I expected. There were a lot of cars and tourists on the bridge. I know it's not my first time seeing the Golden Gate Bridge since I saw it when I was younger, but I know that it was a fun field trip for me.


I decided to park around the Palace of Fine Arts since there is more street parking around the area. I actually found parking right away. As we walked towards Palace of Fine Arts, we noticed that Crissy Fields was right across the street and we were going to head there, but it was too cold and windy.


I only been to Palace of Fine Arts once before and that time there was barely any one there, but that day there was more people.


I think it was Palace of Fine Arts that was built for the World's Fair just like the Eiffel Tower.


Our next stop was Fishermen's Wharf and Pier 39. We took the bus to Fishermen's Wharf and walked down to Pier 39. This time around, I noticed that all the American usual dining spots or whatnot was on one side and more seafood places was on the other side.


We ended up eating at Boudini's. I got the clam chowder, but my friends didn't. I would have chosen a different place if I knew they didn't want clam chowder. My friends said that there bread was hard for their sandwiches. I loved my clam chowder though. It was delicious.


We took some photos and one with Alcatraz Island. But, some boats got in the way.

Next, we headed towards Japantown by bus. It took us longer since we had to walk for about 20 minutes after the bus.


 At Japantown, I noticed this Pikachu, which I hadn't noticed during the other times I was there. I think there was a Ramen festival a few days before we came, but there will be another Ramen festival coming up, so I'm debating on whether to attend to that or not.


It's been a while since I had crepes in Japantown and I forgot how delicious they can be. I love every single bite of my crepe. I got my crepe at Belly Good Cafe & Crepes. Some other people get their crepes from Sophie's.

After Japantown, we headed back to Sacramento and decided to have dinner at Pine Tree House. It was a nice dinner and a good time to catch up with friends. I can't wait for our next gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment