Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hiking to Arch Rock in Point Reyes

Last weekend, I went hiking in Point Reyes. The destination for the hike was Arch Rock and we started at the Bear Valley trail. In order to get to the Bear Valley trail, you would park at the Bear Valley visitor parking lot.



When we first started the hike, I only noticed the trees from a distance and the yellow flowers and grass. But, as we continued our hike, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there was so much more to see.



As we continued our hike, we saw a stream, which was nice. To me, it's always a nice view to see a stream in the middle of a park.


I really liked that this trail was well maintained. It was clear which direction we had to go without a map and not much obstacles in the trail. The only obstacles really were to dodge the poop that came from the horses or other animals. Speaking of horses, I did see a few people ride their horses in this trail, which must have been an amazing experience.


I thought that this trail had gorgeous views. There was so many different plants, trees, and shrubs to notice. I was really surprised to see ferns there, but it was lovely to see ferns in a natural habitat rather than being a part of a Boutineer.


There was so many lovely sights that I noticed, so I took a picture of anything I thought was very pretty.







 The thing about this hike was when I first found out that it was at least a 8 mile hike, I kind of freaked out. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But, the hike was quite easy. It wasn't steep, so the paths were straight and easy and I had to do was just walk like normal in a beautiful trail.


There were so trees that had fallen, but they were cut to make sure they weren't blocking the path on the trail. It looks like you could even walk on some of the trees, which is recommended at all because its not part of the path and it doesn't you to lead anywhere really.


I liked that there was lots of trees and plants throughout most of the hike. It offered great shade :). It was also nice to see some benches, which I don't usually see in my other hikes.


This hike didn't take us that long, we ended finishing the whole hike in about 4 hours. That also include the 0.5 miles trail that we took to Sky Trail, which was only a trail to go to Sky Camp and didn't really have any great views.


When we finally arrived at Arch Rock, I thought it was a incredible view. It was nice to see the beach from a good view point.


It was really windy at Arch Rock and I felt that I was going to get blown away, but this bird didn't feel that way about the wind.



I really have to say that this is one of my most favorite hikes yet. Great views while walking in the trail, with good shade, and it wasn't too difficult. I also liked that it's a in a good location, by that I mean its close to a few beaches and other hiking destinations :). I will definitely want to try out the other hikes around the Point Reyes area.

No comments:

Post a Comment