Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cool Patch Pumpkins

Yesterday, I along with three other friends went to Cool Patch Pumpkins in Dixon, which is about 10 minutes away from Davis. We went there for the corn maze although you could buy pumpkins there or go for a hay ride, as well as some other activities. I wanted to go to that corn maze since its apparently one of the largest in the world and it held the Guinness World Record for the largest corn maze.

When we were there, we were given a map after the purchase of tickets. The map seemed kind of confusing to me although I tried to figure it out. At first, I didn't realize that there were numbers in some of the corners of the maze, such as 37HH or 12DD. But, those numbers were really necessary in moving along in the corn maze and being able to get through in a quicker time. There were time periods, in which, we didn't see the numbers for a while, so we made our best judgements based on the map. It helped that we knew that we needed to move to each station (ex. Starbucks Station), in order to know we are going to the correct route.

We did get lost a few times and ended up in dead ends. I liked that the dead ends were not too far from the other paths and was easy to find our way back to the right route. Sometimes, we followed other people to get through the maze since it seemed like they knew what they were doing. It did helped to look at the path around us. Some paths looked like they were set up and some looked like shortcuts made by others who were tired of going around and made a shortcut.

Although we were there in the middle of afternoon when it was shining really bright, the corn was tall enough to block the sun. It was not that hot when we were walking around. But, our pants and shoes got dirty from the dirt in the corn maze. About an hour into the maze, it started to get dark and we could see a bit without lighting, so glad that we went a bit early, but we were aware of the lighting situation before arrival and that it was a good idea to bring flashlights. We spent less than two hours walking in the corn maze, which was good because that was around our goal.

I kind of wanted a scarier experience going through the corn maze. There wasn't anyone hiding in the corn maze to pop up and scare us. I also wanted to see a scarecrow somewhere, but oh well.
I'm glad that I had the opportunity to go through the corn maze although I wasn't the one doing most of the navigating. But, it was something that I been wanting to do and I finally did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment