Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Understanding More of What I Want

There's this one question that I couldn't seem to answer. What do I want to do in the future? Truthfully, I really don't know. And, I still don't know the answer to that question.

However, I am realizing more of what I like and don't like. While I was still a senior, I considered a career in sales. But, now that I think of it, I'm not so sure. I don't want my career to be focused on selling things to people. I want to do more than that. I want to be able to do some research on the side or more research. As of now, state government jobs seem very appealing to me. So, I decided to do another internship that would allow me to intern in state government, while being able to learn more about the legislative process. Hopefully, I get a response back soon from one of them although I only applied to them recently. I think my goal for now is to intern for about 3 months. Then, apply and hopefully be able to get a position with the state afterwards.

I also realized that taking on a internship that relates to legislative affairs would probably require about 10+ hours a week. So, I hope to intern for about 3 days a week. On one of those days, I could also show up to my APSEA internship meeting afterwards. I'm also thinking of accepting another internship related to food and health and that is also about 4-10 days a week and is mostly in the afternoon. I think its best for me to plan ahead and try to take on more experience and be productive; and, it will make me more competitive later. Plus, there's not rush for me now and I feel like there's still a lot out there for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment