Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Movies About Time

I thought about something the other day: I really love movies about time. Well, that's sort of the commonality I came up with when I thought of three movies and why I like them so much. Among my favorite movies are Inception, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and The Butterfly Effect. They all have to do with time in some way. In Inception, when you go into a dream it lasts a certain amount of time before the person wakes up. In The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the baby was born old and as time progressed the person turned younger. In The Butterfly Effect, the person goes back in time numerous times to try and fix things. Each time the person goes back the history is rewritten according to the changes that happen when the person went back to change history.

Of course, I love other movies too. But, those movies really got me thinking after 5 minutes of watching the movie and still has my thoughts occasionally. I think its something about the messages that come from those movies and less about time. Although I am not sure of the popularity of those movies, I remembered that The Butterfly Effect was talked about a lot when it came out, but didn't watch it until a few years after it came out and on DVD. In addition, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was the first movie I reviewed for TUTD and I watched it in DVD. Inception was really popular when it came out and that was the only one out of the three that I watched in theaters.

Since I was intrigued by the "time factor" in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Butterfly Effect, and Inception I look forward to watching Looper, which is about a man going back in time to save himself, but his younger self has to stop time travelers. It just seemed very interesting when I watched it in theaters. Hopefully, I would not be disappointed when I watch it in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment