Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taking Chinese Courses

During my university life, I took the beginning Chinese class series to fulfill the language requirement. It was actually a pretty fun class. It was much different than Chinese School, which I will cover in an upcoming post.

It was also more difficult than classes at Chinese school. For Chinese 1, although I managed to do well most of the quarter, I failed the final. It was the same routine for the finals for Chinese 2+3, which was rather difficult no matter how much I studied. It meant that my grade would be lowered by a 1/3 of a letter grade.

I also had a good study buddy! We helped each other out by sharing the book, providing notes, and tips about grammar and tones.


However, there were some pretty fun moments in my Chinese classes. I liked speaking Mandarin with other classmates. It was funny at times. It was also fun working on some of the skits. I'm going to share some of the videos that I did with some of my good Chinese class buddies.


I'm usually not one to act or be in front of the camera, but this was a skit that was for my Chinese course. If you do happen to watch the videos, then enjoy. Oh, and we spoke Mandarin that's in the basic level. But who knows, you might find yourself understanding it or what the characters are trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment