Saturday, March 3, 2012

Closing of Ben & Jerry's in Davis

Chocolate Therapy flavored ice cream @ Ben & Jerry's
On Tuesday night, I learned that Ben & Jerry's was closing through a tweet. I found this fact sad because I like that place. That was the closes Ben & Jerry's in Davis and in Sacramento. Now, the closes one is in Napa.

Chocolate Therapy flavored ice cream @ Ben & Jerry's
When I learned about Ben & Jerry's closing on Wednesday, I just had to go there for a scoop. I went that evening and someone I had in my class before gave me a coupon for a free scoop. The thing was that most of the flavors were gone :(. There were about 4 ice cream flavors to choose from when I was there. I had my mind set on chocolate therapy, but I suppose it was my time to try a new flavor. I choose the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor. And, I got the second to last scoop left of that flavor. It was delicious! I didn't think I would enjoy it that much, but I did, and I actually bought a bucket of Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake today.

Strawberry cheesecake flavored ice cream @ Ben & Jerry's
I'm definitely going to miss having a Ben & Jerry's around time. I love their ice cream and their unique ice cream names! If another ice cream place or business were to take over that location, I would hope it's Häagen Dazs.

No comments:

Post a Comment