Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My 1st Visit to the Student Community Center

Patio View from the SCC
The Student Community Center (SCC) opened up in the beginning of this quarter, but I made my first visit to the center today. My classes and the memorial union (MU) are on the other side of campus, so I do not need to go around the area. It's one of the new buildings on my campus that I am quite happy about. I thought this place was going to open after I graduated, but I am glad that it opened up for me to enjoy it for at least two quarters. It also means that The Lounge will be held at the center instead of a classroom building. I think that is more convenient.

Inside view of stairs and study/eat area

There is a lot of important resources for students inside the center. There's the Student Recruitment and Retention Center (SRRC), the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center (LGBTRC), the computer labs, and more study space. I am glad that there are more study spaces. I think that is definitely needed. I also noticed some meetings rooms and a multi-purpose room.

Patio view of campus
I really like that this building has a patio. I think I am going to try to eat some of my meals there, so I can look at the sight too and less people will be around. That reminds me actually, I think the MU has a patio, but I havent ate there either. I guess that's one another thing I would have to do before I graduate.


No comments:

Post a Comment